- Influence the development of character and encourage spirtual growth.
- Develop habits and attitudes of good citizenship.
- Encourage good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body.
- Improve understanding within the family.
- Strengthen the ability to get along with other boys and respect other people.
- Foster a sense of personal achievment by developing new interests and skills.
- Show how to be helpful and do one's best.
- Provide fun and exciting new things to do.
- Prepare them to become Boy Scouts.